sábado, octubre 27, 2012

Earvin "Magic" Johnson

This weekend, I'was chopping wood for the stove when a big man asked me if he could help me (twice times the sharp ax had been near my foot) when I've looked up, he's the basketball player, Earvin "Magic" Johnson. A heros in my youth. He's running around my new village;
- oh no; it's better that we run together, I said to him
 - But I run slower than an snail,
- Oh, I would be my dream, if I changed my old memories
- Why?
- Do you know that the most important in this moment for me would be thank for your commitment?
 (He showed me his relaxing and clear smile that I always saw when he played basketball.
The last TV report, I'd seen a serious person but a huge man.When he's finishing his basketball career, discovered that he was carrying the AIDS virus because he'd had unprotected sexual relations.

The presidente of his country attempted to manipulate him, using his image to indicate that his government was worried about the AIDS virus but when Magic discovered it, he took his own way like helping children to have a common life with their little friends. How stupid we're with our fears that some extremists tried to instill!)

- I told him that it was important that a public figure is not a puppet in the insatiable hands of politician needed of some dignity

- Oh man! It was very hard to discover it after taking conscience about my problem, that some people would kill you  to keep the social position.

- Look at Earving, the castle; I believed that it was the most important place in my village, but we're going to run  around this incredible nature.
- He's immediately recited something that he had seen stuck in a tree:

           I've discovered that tree where we dreamed
           we drank the life around the sand  of  new streets
           Those days, when the ball was our religion you're our god
           you slipped, delicious, through the fingers of my stupid fears

- And Earving has asked me, it was about basketball?,

 Oh no, it was about european football, it was our religion and a friend José, Dudo, was our heros. These days, I've remembered him; those days, when we got to our youth, we had another virus: the cars and the poison, our unconsciousness.
       
- Oh man, I know, it's the same in every country. Did he be a good player in your childhood?

Before, in our childhood, we only thought to play football: under my window, in "the dead street"; later in the school  and finally,  when we're youngs, we played different leagues where he's the best. And me? I was a tax that other people had to pay if they wanted that you played.

It's been a nice and warm day, when we've stopped to run, we've walked for hours. 33 millions of people have the AIDS virus in the World we must take conscience about the different problems that these people had to overcome:. Hideia, a nice girl, who cried 20 years ago in the report because the disinformation had stayed out her friends and Karl Marlone, a great basketball player who hadn't good information and he didn't enjoy play against Magic. Karl finally explains us that the Magic's attitude helped them to understand the true about the AIDS

He's also felt sad when I explained the bad actions against the Public School. He knew the problem and he strongly told me that we must fight. It's the future of the World.

I recognize him that sometimes, we only have some great little recognition as the next report

Luis Garcia Montero: la educacion y el orgullo/


 A day, a lot of time ago, I went out to sail the World; now, we'd moored our boat, maybe, it's time to sail again

No hay comentarios:

Siameses y mercader

Siameses y mercader
Zaida, Fernando y